Monday, July 20, 2009

Expecting Butterscotch

I apologize for the lack of blogging of late. Time has been short, and I've been spending the time I have vegetating. Work has been more draining than usual. This last weekend I actually managed to get some things done for a change--from picking raspberries and making jam to housecleaning. (The raspberry jam is really zingy this year. We went to a new farm to pick, and the plants seemed a little stressed--possibly from our lack of rain. Anyway it made for some really flavorful jam!) I also started up another blog for a group we're taking part in at church, so that may be siphoning off a little energy. (Although I'm hoping not to be the only contributor to that one. If I am, it will not be continuing long--I already have a blog!)

Tomorrow evening when I leave work I'm going to pick up Butterscotch, a five-month old Cocker spaniel. We are dog-sitting her until Friday evening, so that promises to bring all sorts of excitement to the household. We've added a tie-out to the back yard, we've purchased some rawhide chews so everyone gets to have one, and I've tried to reduce the number of things near the floor that look good to chew on. I expect Tucker to have a ball, but we'll see. (His neuroses have resurged lately, so I'm hoping this will help him out of his funk.) I will post some pictures!

In the meantime, we leave Saturday morning for a week in Big Timber, Montana, so there will be packing and so forth going on. I'm definitely ready for another break in the action. (A person could get used to this every-other-month vacation schedule.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking care of our little pooch. Hopefully she won't completely destroy your house before we get there.

    ReplyDelete