Saturday, April 25, 2009

AHA Heart Walk

Walk went well--pretty breezy but there were peeks of sun and no rain, yay! Lots and lots of doggies. Wish ours could have been there without being deranged psycho dogs. Maybe if we tranquilized them, put them in a dog stroller, and claimed they were heart disease victims...

I thought I heard them say there were 30,000 people there. There were a *lot* of people, but I'm not sure 30,000 would have even fit. I don't see any stories on it yet, maybe tomorrow.

It was pretty funny--they had some bleacher seating where they were putting all the people from each participating company, to take photos. I think Boston Scientific had over 1400 people there--we filled up the bleachers and had lots of people sitting on the grass in front of the bleachers. I'm not sure how you'd ever pick anyone out of the photo. Especially since we were looking into the sun and squinting.

Cub Foods was one of the main sponsors, and they had a tent bulging with free food--carrots, apples, bananas, granola bars, and water. Really great, I was very impressed. (They had me at banana, I was overjoyed to see the bananas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment