Monday, May 4, 2009

Back home

Days don't really come any nicer than today (and I was not at work! Bonus!). It is just wonderful out.

We drove around the Dells today just so we could see all the fuss. Zowie Batman. I can say this for sure, I think the Wisconsin Dells have to be in the running for best mini-golf courses ever. I want to go back and ride the Ducks and hit some of the mini-golf. I'm thinking the water ski show is probably pretty good, too. There's also an amusement park/water park called Mt. Olympus that looks quite awesome. We did stop and buy some cheese, which is think is pretty much required when you visit Wisconsin. (There are also a lot of fiberglass mice. I figure there's a Wisconsin business somewhere that just cranks out the mice. And maybe swimming pool slides with dolphins jumping next to them.)

I had a shower in the camper this morning, and all I have to say is I could get used to this. Its not the full-blown stand under the hot water for 10 minutes thing, but it is darn convenient and mostly lacking in sand underfoot. (At least so far.) The camper mattress is dreadful, as expected. Tom was talking about replacing that right away, and I must say I would have to agree. Sleeping on the air bed that pulls out of the couch sounds better.

We did like the campground we were at last night, the Sherwood Forest. Huge campground--went on and on and on. (But in different sections, not one big humongous lot.) I'm not sure we even saw all of it. It was largely empty--not very many lifers--so it was us and a few other campers and the trees. I suppose it will be a completely different scene during the season, a veritable Mardi Gras of kids on bikes, TVs with a game on, cheese curds and beer. (The only other Wisconsin campgrounds we've stayed at have been on lakes, so they had a distinct fishing and boating ambience. I'm thinking that may be less here.)

At any rate, here are some photos of the new toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment