Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Camping update

The camper is back and parked in the driveway for the first time. (The camper went directly to the shop when we returned from Michigan, because the oven became detached from its moorings and the pocket door to the bedroom came off its rails.) It certainly takes up more driveway than the Dutchman did. I wanted to go out and just hang out in it for awhile but I was so tired when I drove in that I just wanted to head straight for bed.

We have a campsite for Memorial Day weekend at our favorite campground, Eagle Cliff in Lanesboro! I think it's a good site too, down the hill near the river. One thing I really like about Lanesboro is that there are so many things to do--biking, canoeing, fishing, innertubing, eating bratwurst at the Wurst Haus...

Instead of going to bed I collected a little box off the front step and got out the laptop. I ordered a mouse for it on NewEgg because the touchpad thingy is pretty flaky and the mouse keys on the laptop seem to click or double-click when I swear I'm not even touching them. Plus I just hate mousing with the touchpad, and I have apparently become dependent on the mouse wheel. This mouse arrived in record time, I swear I just ordered it last night. (Oops, I just checked my invoice, and the flaky mouse key must have selected some superfast delivery when I wasn't looking because I paid something like $19 in shipping for a $9 mouse.) Getting the mouse installed took longer than one would expect (according to Vista the CD accompanying the mouse was suspect and possibly dangerous so I had to download software instead), and then of course there is the black hole of the internet, so I have still not gone to bed.

Instead of Bible study and choir tonight we went to Buca in Minneapolis for our last Bible study meeting. Wonderful dinner, really quite fun. Home just after 9pm which is early for a Wednesday. My Wednesday evenings are now officially free for the summer, yay! Weather the last two days is suddenly and inexplicably in the upper 80s to low 90s. (Minneapolis St. Paul airport recorded 97 yesterday, but Anoka airport said just 91. Very strong winds from the south--Tom said that when he picked up the camper, a pontoon boat at the boat dealer next door was upside down on highway 65.) Supposed to be more normal starting tomorrow I think.

Think I am going to have to order one of those laptop "chiller" things, the bottom of the laptop is uncomfortably hot. And one really does want to rest the laptop on one's lap. I guess there will be two streams of brown boxes appearing on the doorstep now--the stream of computer stuff Tom orders online, and the new stream of computer stuff I order online. Or I suppose I could begin frequenting the Best Buy down the road, up until now I haven't had any real reason to go there. The laptop is beginning to seem like a dog or a child, as Tom would say, a gift that eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment