Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gaining on those Joneses

Story of my life--I am always at least a year late to any fad, if not a couple years. I turn up at the store trying to buy some of those shoes that everyone has, and the shoe industry has moved on to the next new thing. Those shoes no longer exist.

So I feel a little silly saying that today we took out a line of credit (OK, second mortgage) on our house, presumably to finance buying a lovely new camper. (It seems like I've been hearing some news stories about this sort of behavior lately... :-)

Speaking of the new camper, I am really excited about the new camper, and we don't even actually have it yet. Hopefully we will be going to Michigan to pick it up at the beginning of May, and then I will be really excited because it will be sitting right there in the driveway. I'll be able to go out anytime and sit in it. I'll be able to take stuff out there and figure out where to put it. And no, Mother, we haven't made any reservations for Memorial Day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment